We are looking for an outstanding graphic designer with a love of cosmetics and experience with packaged goods to join our fun, hardworking and talented team. This job runs the gamut from production artist to visualizing and executing original package design for products. We are looking for a team player who will be responsible for designing and developing graphic designs from concept to completion. This is a unique position with a unique company. This role is dynamic, high-energy, challenging, exciting, and essential to our continued success. Most importantly, we are looking for a team player that can work under deadline pressure.
- Work individually and with the team to develop concepts for new products, package designs, merchandizing, and marketing materials
- Maintain existing brand standards and further develop corporate brand identity
- Provide creative in-house expertise (offering creative ideas and inspiration)
- Conceptualize, design and create offline marketing creative material with an emphasis on product packaging and promotional marketing collateral
- Conceptualize, design and develop graphic and visual content for website and online marketing initiatives
- Design in store presence through creative merchandizing solutions (displays, signage, etc)
- Ensure brand consistency across all creative and graphic materials
- Production tasks associated with projects
- QA creative and graphic content and materials to ensure quality and accuracy
- Strong creative ability with great sense of design and layout
- Unique aesthetic with a vintage flair that fits in with our existing style and brand identity
- Creative thinker who brings new ideas to the table
- Proactive and takes ownership; works independently with little direction, multi-tasks and manages various projects at once while being productive, timely and reliable
- Ability to see projects from concept to completion
- Results and deadline driven – must be willing to do whatever it takes and spend whatever time it takes to meet deadlines
- Takes great pride in designs; meticulous with great attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally and on teams; strong communication skills
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area – preferably Marin
- Minimum of two years professional graphic design experience
- Degree/Certification in Graphic Design or related field
- Fully proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Full-Time - Alameda, CA
theBalm is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant for its Alameda, CA headquarters!
The ideal candidate has an accounting background and likes a fast-paced environment where accounting is applied to real business decision-making on a daily basis.
theBalm is a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills but is easy-going, flexible and can work within an organic flow.
The beauty community has a vibrant pulse that is redefining the beauty industry. This is your chance to join a brand that has big fan love and a lot of freedom to innovate.
Think this is a fit? We’d love to hear from you!
*Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable activityWork with operations to insure billing accuracy
*Special projects and ad hoc reporting
*Other responsibilities as determined by the Controller
*Must be a team player with a can-do attitude
*Detail-oriented, and reliable
*Great people skills, both spoken and written
*Flexible, and adaptable, multitasker, with the ability to look ahead
*Strong analytical skills
*Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office
*Experience with NetSuite or other ERPs - preferred
*Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance - preferred
Product Development Intern
Part-time - ross, CA
We’re looking for a smart, savvy intern to join our rapidly growing beauty
theBalm is an exciting, fast-paced work environment where you will
experience many aspects of the beauty business. The ideal candidate will
be excited to learn and will know how to balance attention to detail with a
A day in the life of an intern at theBalm might include administrative
duties, analyzing and inputing data in excel, doing online research or
modeling in a photoshoot! Everyone wears many hats and we all pitch in
wherever and whenever needed.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a genuine interest in makeup
and the beauty industry.
This is your chance to get your start in the vibrant beauty industry with a
brand that has big fan love and a lot of freedom to innovate. This is a temp
position with long term possibilities. Interns are eligible to work 24 hours
• Assisting our Product Development team in the day to day needs such
as: Data entry and processing and cataloging all new shipments that
• Online research
• Creating and painting spreadsheets
• Tracking and compiling data
• Administrative support